Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

When was the Last Time...?

When was the last time.....?
  • I read the Word AND learned something new from the Lord?
  • I had a friend who doesn't believe in Christ and just spent time with them?
  • I shared the true story of unconditional love?
  • I asked someone other than my family how I could pray for them, DID IT, and checked up later?
  • I saw the Lord answer a specific prayer request and gave Him all the glory for it?
  • I couldn't sing a song during worship because my heart was swelling with love for Him?
  • I invited someone I KNEW, not a waitress, to come to church with me?
When was the last time....?
  • I complained about something going on in my life instead of being quiet and praying?
  • I grumbled about the service, music, or leaders at church that I didn't like or disagreed with?
  • I told the Lord I loved Him and believed in Him?
  • I thought that if just one thing in my life would change, I would be so much better?
  • I found myself so busy and tired because of work, family, and activities?
  • I went a whole day without even remembering Christ?
  • I felt completely content with everything in my life, loved life, and didn't have anything of significance to write down on this past week's prayer request list.
The Lord has been teaching me a lot lately as pregnancy has kept me inside, sitting/laying down with my feet up. Many truths He has revealed to me have left me pondering about myself, my family, my church family, and my culture.

This is truth! If I find myself answering "It's been awhile" or "I never have" to the first set of questions in PURPLE and "Just recently" or "All the time" to the second set of questions in PEACH, then, I am NOT living the life of purpose that Jesus Christ prayed for me about in John 16 before He was crucified. I am not connected to Him, the vine! I DO all the things in set 2 because I DON'T DO the things in set 1!!!!

Lord, help me to live the life of purpose, completely in YOU, that will fully satisfy me and leave me filled with joy! Lord, you do not call me servant, but friend because you reveal your will to me! Life in YOU is NOT to be a mystery..help me to see, claim, and LIVE with authority for YOU!!!

1 comment:

shauna said...

How convicting?! Thanks for sharing and spurring me on, sister.

How do you organize your pics in such a way on your blogs?