Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Meet Bart!

On one of the roads we travel quite frequently, we have begun to see a gentleman that stands in the median or often in the middle of the intersection. We call him Bart. He stands there, yelling out at the traffic with a scowl on his face and waves his arms around as if directing the chaos! Most of the time his clothes look very dirty and his hair is a mess. He obviously is not in his right mind, but remains such a mystery to us. It wasn't until a month ago that I felt compelled to see what his reaction would be if I smiled and waved at him. Interesting enough, his whole demeanor changed, he smiled (a tooth or two missing in front) and waved like a little kid! It was hilarious!! Ever since, when he is out, we always wave and he waves right back!

Below is a video we finally captured of Bart. As we drive up to the intersection/chowk, you notice a green truck drive by to the right and a family crossing the street. There is a man standing on the elevated median...THAT'S BART! Just watch him! And although I told JP in the video "He won't know" that we are filming him, I was wrong! As you can see, he was TOTALLY aware of our little movie making moment!

No comments: