I hosted our 4th WBB party at the beginning of July with the help of 2 of our interns and 2 other college students touring India for 10 days. We had 52 women come to our parties in February and from that group, around 20 have kept in contact with me and have shown further interest. I called each of those ladies and personally invited them. 12 came and we had a great time!! Several of the ladies offered to make snacks and they definitely did an amazing job with our veggie-cheesy bread! The interns made no bake cookies and, as funny as it may seem, they were a HIT!
We made recipe books; an extra craft that our WBB ladies brought back in Feb '09! Although it was a bit time consuming and required them to "work" very hard at pasting, they did an amazing job! "OH, I am working so hard at this. I never work this hard. I feel like I am in school!"
We passed around a sign up sheet during the party for anyone who wanted to start meeting regularly, pay small dues for supplies, and help with snacks. Every lady added their name to the list!!! Another surprise occurred when I received a text from one friend saying that she had told another friend about our party and wants to join as well!! Sharing life is not the only great part about this! Seeing my friends take ownership in this and spread the word is equally as encouraging!!
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment