J* and I are getting closer and closer with each passing day! I love this girl so much and she is a blessing to me. For example, she came downstairs this morning to chat before our journey to the States with a package of fresh baked pumpkin bread and oatmeal cookies in hand! YUM! But apart from that, we turn to one another when we struggle with life, share our hearts, have cried a time or two, and have started reading together. We started in Psalms last week (not a place I usually start with friends, but felt an overwhelming sense to begin there) and it was amazing what insight was brought into the conversation. But I also love how the Lord just gives me opportunity to live and share the Word on the everyday path of our friendship. Long story short, we had made plans to read today, but were not able to due to circumstances beyond our control. But for the last week I have been able to pour (text) Truth into her life from the Holy Scriptures. She is learning and agreeing, and in some situations, taking action and applying it!
Thank you Lord for J*! I could not have asked for a more precious friend. In my absence the next few weeks, may your presence at the door of her heart be overwhelmingly strong!!
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment