Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Small, Extra, No-Big-Deal Bonus
I love shopping! Especially now that I have 2 boys to look for. Much more fun than for myself. And before we left for our trip to the States, my friend J* gave me some money and asked if I would mind buying a few Carter's outfits for her son. Sawyer and Rian always seem to have the same outfits and it's been a never ending joke between us. I usually claim the idea if I shop for one, I have to shop for many. But as J*'s and my relationship is very different, I couldn't say no. And OF COURSE shopping with another person's money is just an added bonus in the department of FUN! And yet, that is just a small, extra, no-big-deal bonus when I consider our friendship. What makes her so dear? The fact that, as we said goodbye the evening of our departure, she couldn't hold back the tears and neither could I. It's the fact that we share life and she wants to know Truth. And it's receiving messages that say "Alicia, it wasn't until the day after you left and I went to my computer that I realized just how special and important you are to me in my life!" So yes, J*, this week I am shopping 4 U!! But that's just a small, extra no-big-deal, bonus! Our relationship is beautiful and I only pray that as our relationship grows so too will your understanding that all the "goodness" you say you see in me is only because of what Jesus has done. I pray one day you will see that knowing me is just a small, extra, no-big-deal bonus compared to the relationship you will one day have with HIM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment