As a teacher, I often found myself focusing on the small details of children's work. To me, teaching is all about the child and investing in them so they can perform to the best of their ability. If I don't focus on the details in their lives, than what kind of a teacher am I? In Writing, it often meant focusing on one word in their lead sentence. In Math, it meant looking to see if they carried a number correctly in a 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication algorithm. At recess, if I saw a frown, I asked them how they were feeling. And especially in third grade, when teaching cursive, it meant making sure they crossed their t's and dotted their i's.
I have realized that it was the time that I focused on their work that they looked forward to the most. When I took the time to conference with them and focused on the details, the students knew that I cared. It was personal, private, and it prompted the development of a deeper teacher/student relationship. Applying that same principle to our lives at this point in the journey, I have been reminded about how much the Lord loves us. We had our garage sale this weekend and He provided for us to the smallest detail! The Lord saw what t's and i's needed to be checked, and He took care of it!
Story continues in 'Our Home and Family'.......
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So good to find your page! We moved to Tulsa, OK and are to adjusting to life here. I wanted to tell you that out of all Jessica's years at Field, she really treasures her third grade year with you. Tonight we were praying...after we were done...I opened my eyes to see tears in Jessica's eyes. She told me how she remembered you on one of her field trips when she had a bloody nose. How you were helping her with it and told her how pretty she looked when she was sleeping. She said you always took the time to really care. She was really missing you and we prayed a special prayer for you and your work there. We feel so blessed you were part of her life and for the Godly impact you made!!! Jennifer Maddux
Jennifer and Jessica, You are both very special to me and I thank the Lord for our time together. I too had tears in my eyes after reading your message. Thank you for the encouragement and know that I love others because Jesus loved me first! HE is so good. Please send me your email address on this blog so that I can add you to our updates. Love you both! Weads told me you moved to OK and how much Eden was missing you. Hope you are enjoying it there. We ALL miss you!
Post a Comment