Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Love is in the Air

Last night there was a party down the road from our complex and we could see the lights and hear the music. And when I say HEAR the music, I mean that is was so loud it was hard to hear the dialogue on television inside our house. I told JP it must just be a wedding party since this seems to be the season for weddings. And then just this morning, I read in the paper that there are 10,000 weddings going on this weekend in the Delhi area alone. The next big weekends will be Dec 4 and 13. Can you imagine? 10,000 couples are tying the knot, most of them all arranged by their parents. That means 20,000 individuals are getting married not to mention if each of those individuals has AT LEAST 10 members attend, that is 200,000 people participating in marriage ceremonies this weekend. A population larger than that of Springfield. But of course, how many people only have 10 members attend their wedding? All I can say is that is a whole lot of people out and about this weekend. No wonder the paper suggested that unless you are attending a wedding, stay inside to avoid traffic delays!!

No comments: