
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Of course, we would always choose to be with our families for the holidays, but thank the Lord for giving us Christian brothers and sisters near us to celebrate the holidays. This year I was especially thankful for our country that I miss so much! Such an amazing story when looking back at how our country began. Thank you Jesus!
We followed many old traditions and made new ones!
- I cooked green bean casserole like always BUT made my own french fried onions. They were the best ever so far! I did use Cream of Mushroom from a can...so not completely from scratch. BUT, I did cut and snap the fresh beans, cooked them once before baking them..phew! It was nice to only pay $1 for probably 6 cans worth of beans.
- JP cut up a real pumpkin and made homemade pumpkin pie. I used the rest to make pumpkin bread. M & M got to try it later for the first time and they really liked it!
- Spent the whole day eating with friends in Delhi..about 30 of us total! The food was just like home..turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and desserts galore!
- Mom sent a package with REAL leaves from the first fall! I cried! I also got pics of beautiful trees in Springfield and of the family (Kara, you look beautiful!).
- We also took a trip to one of my favorite markets to buy a 7ft artificial Christmas tree. We always put it up the day after Thanksgiving so we had to get it. I had a wonderful time seeing Mr. Lal after 3 1/2 years. He remembered me and apparently has asked about me every time my friends have come in to shop. It was a precious reunion and...I cried.
3 comments:
I am VERY impressed! You two are practically pilgrims!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!! We all have sooo much to be thankful for! Love ya!
Yeah! I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment