
Well this is the week that all of us invested in Field Elementary have been waiting for. On December 4 and 5, a team from NYC will be coming to look at the school, read up on the Units of Inquiry, talk to teachers and students, and assess whether the school is ready to be authorized for the IB program. The past 3 years have brought lots of changes, new implementations, Tuesday half day brain pains, teacher written curriculum, at times stressed but inspired teachers, and students who have taken on a new role in the learning process and have soared asking questions along the way! This is the BIG week where all the work is given the yes or no of authorization and with that comes some anxiety, questions, unknowns, and excitement. And although I am completely on the opposite of the world, Field is on my mind constantly.
So let me just share a word to my family! Part of me aches to be with you at this time, but I also know that my place is here. Please know that I am praying for you to have confidence, answers with knowledge and wisdom, unity, as well as transparency. My prayers also go up for the IB team coming to authorize. You are all so great and I am proud of you! You say, do and react IB so be YOU, let it shine, and everything will work the way it is supposed to! I have no doubts that no matter what the result, Field is on the right path! I love you all!
Those friends and family members of mine not a part of Field, will you also say a prayer today for the faculty, students, parents, and IB group coming to authorize? It's a BIG week and they need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment