Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

3 C's

Near one of my favorite Indian markets in Delhi is a mall called 3 C's. It used to be one of my favorite places to go when I was a resident of that great capitol city. However, just this morning the name 3 C's has taken on a whole new meaning.

C haracter
C ondition
C hange

This is nothing new and definitely reminds me of things I have learned/heard about before, but it was made personal to me this morning, coffee in hand, while reading my Bible. This is a tool that I feel will help me as I continue to read. If you are one who often isn't sure where to begin by yourself in reading, struggle with getting things out of reading (let's face it, the Bible isn't easy), or don't know where to go after reading the Bible, I pray this will help you as well.
Here's the idea!

After reading one story (doesn't have to be a chapter) from the Word, ask yourself these questions and then end by praying to Him about how you answered them...
Character..What is Christ's character like in this story and how can I praise/worship Him for it?
Condition..What is the condition of man's heart in this story? Do I need to ask the Lord to forgive the condition of something in my heart that is like the story?
Change..How do I need to change so that the condition of my heart matches the character of Christ?

I truly thank the Lord for loving me this morning, teaching me, correcting me, and forgiving me!

2 comments:

Ashley Franks said...

That's great. I'm going to have to remember the 3 "c's". Yes, I keep up with your blog. It's so interesting to hear what's going on in India. Elizabeth keeps me posted too. How great for what you guys are doing there!! Good luck to your brother and his wife. I think Andy told me that she's due right around my due date. So crazy!!! Stay in touch!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing my friend. This is Kathryn...not Randy.