Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Radio Rantings and Ravings

Tonight, JP and I went on a date. We shopped for awhile at Metropolitan Mall and then went to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic". It was really light, funny, and clean. I definitely recommend it to anyone who just needs to watch something fun. Watching it in an Indian theater and being the only white couple in the audience, added another layer of humor. We were the only ones laughing for most of the show. Just a litte note..calling boys to men..JP even laughed so the movie is for everyone!

Afterwards, we were sitting, trying to do so patiently, in four lanes of heavy traffic on a two lane road when we became totally engaged in a conversation a DJ was having with a gentleman on the radio. While discussing whether one would like to live in heaven or hell, a caller responded with a very interesting answer. "Honestly, if I wanted to live in heaven, I would have to be a pure vegetarian, wear white all the time, and always listen to (named a Hindu guru chant). So I would much rather live in hell where I can choose to eat anything I want and just be free!" JP and I were both speechless. In a culture that doesn't teach heaven or hell, but rather reincarnation and enlightenment, we thought his answer was so interesting especially comparing it to what we know as truths about heaven and hell from the Bible. Great reminder of our purpose for sure! Of course, we didn't stay speechless for long. Who could when Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" proceeded the conversation! 95.0 is the best station ever!! JP was rapping while I was doing all the moves! I mean really, the experiences one has while living in India never get old!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love that movie! I saw it with renon!