The longer I live in India, the more I learn about the main religion followed here: Hinduism. I have learned that there are many stories, many "gods", and many ways to believe anything and everything. Therefore, it is quite possible to never meet 2 Hindus who believe the exact same thing. Taking that into consideration, I recently learned one Hindu's beliefs on the cycles of reincarnation: Animal-Human-Brahman-Moksha.
It takes 84 lakh or 8, 400,000 cycles of life as an animal for a soul to have a CHANCE to enter the stage of human life.
Only enough positive karma will help you break the cycles of animal life. Too much negative karma will start you over again at 8,400,000 more cycles of animal life.
Then, it takes 84 lakh or 8, 400, 000 cycles of life as a human for a soul to be born as a Brahman, the highest caste in India.
Only enough positive karma will help you break the cycles of human life. Too much negative karma will start you over again at 8,400,000 more cycles of human life.
It takes 84 lakh or 8, 400, 000 cycles of life as a Brahman to then have a CHANCE at attaining moksha-the breaking out of cycles and becoming one with supreme consciousness.
Only enough positive karma will help you break the cycles of Brahman life. Too much negative karma will start you over again at 8,400,000 more cycles of Brahman life.
When I hear things like this, I really think about it and try to understand it in realistic ways. Therefore, to attain what might be the equivalent to what I believe as Heaven would take, with enough positive karma/good works and making it through perfectly each time, 25,200,000 life cycles.
The Lord has given me the ability to love, care, protect, and provide among many other talents. But honestly, half of the time, I don't choose to use those abilities. Instead I often choose the exact opposite of what I am capable of doing. Therefore, I really don't think I could ever do enough "good works" that many times to break the cycles. How would I ever know if my good works were good or good enough?
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
do we know the gender of baby mayfield yet?
That is a lot of counting! How do they keep track of what number they are on? I wish they could hear themselves when they share those kinds of things. I am praying for you to have a beautiful Thursday!! Have a great class and peaceful day after class :) Love you
Post a Comment