Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Incredible India!

No matter where you go, you will find advertisements on "Incredible India". The pictures amazing and the colors vibrant. The Lord truly has made India dear to our hearts and the people are incredible! But this week, we tend to think the advertisements should read "Incredibly HOT India".

On Wednesday, our area hit a record high for the month of April after 50 years. It was 43 degrees Celsius or 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Our Hindi instructor, Chandra Ji, predicts that May and June will reach 50 degrees since April has already soared into higher temperatures this year. It is a dry heat, so that does help, but anything over 100 is never comfortable.

However, as I was dusting furniture this morning with sweat dripping from my face, the Lord gave me fresh insight into Incredibly HOT India. Although I hate the heat and the lack of comfort it brings, it is a constant, painful reminder of the reality of the eternal future for those who do not follow Jesus Christ. As many of you know, I follow of Him and His Word, the Bible, is my standard and guide for living. Everything I believe and answers to all questions man has posed in past, present, and future, are found within it's pages. As Truth teaches, we all are separated from the Most High because of the sin we commit. But Jesus came as a Savior and Redeemer from that sin. Those who believe and follow Him, are forgiven and inherit life in Heaven with Him. (Gosh I can't wait for the day I get to see Him face to face and hug Him!) As Truth teaches, those who choose anything and everything to follow but Jesus, whether it be another religion, self, work, family, or wealth, will be separated from the Most High in a place called Hell. To quote CNN's Anderson Cooper, "we are here, not to create fear, but to present facts." Hell is real described as a place of fire, wailing, gnashing of teeth, and eternally away from a loving God. And it is this place, a place of agony, that I am constantly reminded of as I sweat, and often cry, each day in Incredibly HOT India. But it also motivates me to carry on, no matter the results, to share His INCREDIBLE love for all nations, tongues, and tribes!

No comments: