A few questions have been raised this week in my world of blogging in which I have now found the answers.
Happy Father's Day
Mystery boy in the photo is Christopher Norton. He was a bully that lived at the end of our street that always picked on Jonathan and I everyday while walking home from elementary school. One day, he pushed Jonathan one too many times. Like a Charlie's Angel, reacting with speed and accuracy, I kneed Chris 3 times in the groin and the days of bullying were over! Obviously this picture was taken after the fact seeing as he is actually helping us build the deformed snowman. (To all my former students..NO I am not giving you permission to do what I did to a bully. It wasn't right so learn from my mistakes. There are better ways to handle your problems.)
Cultural or Craziness...A Bit of Confusion
What is a burp cloth called in India? After talking with my dear friend Mona, I have learned that Indians do not call that cloth anything! They just use common hand towels or other cloths (kapras) to burp the baby. I told her what I had asked for and she started laughing. She interrupted me and said, "Oh Alicia, if you call it that no one will know what you are talking about!" Right! I guess I learned that the hard way. Cultural or craziness? Perhaps America is crazy since we seem to have a name for everything and are known as the land of plenty! Whatever you need..you can get it! No questions asked! On second thought.not craziness..thank you Lord for the land of plenty!!!
Ron or Don?
A great friend of mine, Andrea, posted this question on her blog. As I read her post, immediately this random memory popped into my mind of a guy name Ron, but I could not remember from which part of my life's journey I had seen him. Since then, we have figured out that the paper was written by a Ron who was this interesting, very tall, blond, American single guy who"worked" in Nepal during one of our summer visits. I think our team actually had lunch at his house one day or something. All I remember of him was his "interesting" personality and very long toenails! :(
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment