Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Impatience...The New Life?

This is a commercial that has been playing a lot lately in India for one of the most popular mobile/internet networks, Airtel. I understand that it's just a commercial trying to sell a service that will make it's customers happier. But every time I see it, my soul is truly disturbed by it. I think it actually reflects a problem within humanity much deeper than the aggravation of slow internet services. I see it everyday when waiting in line at McDonalds, in traffic, and even among children playing outside. Sad, but true, creators of the commercial knew that this idea would sell to the masses. And yet, ironically, the less we have to "wait" to get our way, the more unhappy we seem to become. So although I have to watch this commercial, I refuse to live by it, agree to it, and see it as only an advertisement. If Paul could use poetry written by pagan poets to teach Truth, than I feel challenged to do the same with something such as a secular internet advertisement. Impatience is NOT the new life. It's an old way of life that dates back to the beginning of time that only leaves us entangled. Would love to hear your thoughts as well!

No comments: