We went to our embassy for a 4th of July party in Delhi! We had a great time with friends! However, it was one of the hottest 4th parties I have ever been to due to humidity and being pregnant. It will definitely go down in history for me!
We enjoyed "yummy" burgers and hotdogs. Coke in a can is always so much better than from a plastic bottle. Brownies and apple pie were also among our favorites served that night. I do have to admit that I missed eating my mom's famous flag cake!
We enjoyed watching our interns dance to several of the tunes played by the band as well as DJ. Josh-Pruitt and Todd participated in a tug-of-war game where the US Marines thought they knew best and ended up losing! HA!
"America's glory is not dominion, but liberty. Her march is the march of the mind. She has a spear and a shield; but the motto upon her shield is, Freedom, Independence, Peace. This has been her Declaration: this has been, as far as her necessary intercourse with the rest of mankind would permit, her practice."
-John Quincy Adams, 1821
No comments:
Post a Comment