Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

1st Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!  The journey takes us many places.  Some interesting, some not quite what we expected!  But being a Father is one step that is DEFINITELY worth it!!!

The house was filled with the aroma of homemade cinnamon rolls.  Alicia made one of my favorites for breakfast.  I opened all my cards (2 from Alicia and 1 from Sawyer).  Mom and Dad Lindsay had sent me a 1st Father's Day card and coffee mug from which I drank my delicious Starbucks Regional Blend coffee with just a bit of sugar and Belgian Chocolate Toffee creamer.  Alicia and Sawyer also gifted me with money and ideas for a tattoo.  I have been wanting one for quite some time and this was just the push I needed to do it.  She said I was a great man and a man such as I should be "marked" for greatness!  Within the card, they included several picture ideas from which I was able to find the perfect one.  Alicia also talked to our close friends, Vidhu and Manish, about a safe place to go in Gurgaon as Manish got one done not too long ago.  So in the next few weeks, Manish and I will be taking a trip to the Funky Monkey to get it done and I hope to have great conversation during our time together!  The plan: A cross with a crown of thorns and the words "By His Stripes" written in Hindi.

It was a great day that ended with one of my favorite dinners: Springfield Cashew Chicken...HOMEMADE!!!  I pray your Father's Day was filled with many memories that leave you praising Him.

No comments: