Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Life and Peas

 While stepping down from a foot high sidewalk the other day, my ankle twisted and I went down!  Down, down, down, into the dry, sandy dirt found on any roadside in the metropolitan city of Gurgaon.  Although pain seared throughout my entire foot, thankfulness consumed my heart that Sawyer was not with me nor that a cow had not relieved itself in the vicinity prior to my accident.

With all that said, I have been unable to walk around for the last 3 days.  My comfy bed, lots of pillows, ice, ace bandage, reading materials, and laptop have been my constant companions.  Well, that is to say when Sawyer and JP are busy doing other things.

JP has taken up all the work around the house and I am so blessed to have such a caring, devoted husband.  On my second day of being bed-ridden, I realized JP was working on fruits and vegetables and with the thought that I was about to go completely out of mind from boredom, I begged him to let me at least sit on the bed and shell peas.

Amazing what one can learn about life through reflection from doing such a monotonous task.


Perfection on the outside often has the least substance within
Amazing in sight, but deceiving as it provides nothing
Beautiful on the outside proved abundant on the inside as well
What appeared ready on the outside still needed more time to grow
Signs of bruising on the outside took difficulty opening, but abundance was found within
Grotesque on the outside was only the reflection of destruction from a worm within
Aged on the outside, but mature and bountiful on the inside

Which one am I?
Which one do I pray,
He will refine me to be?
Are 2 questions I ask myself,
As I sit on the bed shelling peas. 

No comments: