5 years ago today, this picture was displayed.
5 years ago today, I made a call to dear Indian friends who wanted to be there.
5 years ago today, I made a call to dear Indian friends who wanted to be there.
5 years ago today, precious Donna prayed over our marriage.
5 years ago today, I saw the love of my life waiting for me down front!
5 years ago today I replied, "Josh,Pruitt, I love you so much! For years, I prayed that God would lead me to the man He wanted for me. The Lord knew my deep longing for a man after His own heart, a man of gentle strength and love, a man obedient in reach the world for Him. He has given all of that to me in you and so much more. The Lord Most High is a gracious gentleman. and just like the Lord, you are my Southern gentleman. I thank the Lord for strengthening our love and growing us closer over these past 2 1/2 years. you are the love of my life, my perfect compliment and my best friend. I promise to love you with an unending and unconditional love. I will honor and respect you, comfort and cherish you. From this day onward, I choose to submit to your spiritual leadership and will be on my knees in prayer interceding for you. I will be iwth you in sickness and in health, whether we are rich or poor, and during times when we are filled with joy and when we are filled with sorrow. I will not leave you! I promise to encourage you in becoming the man the Lord has called you to be. I promise to continue my walk with Jesus, and with His help and your guidance, become the woman He has called me to be. Josh-Pruitt, I am so excited to become your wife today, and I look forward to a lifetime of serving Jesus with you!
5 years ago today, we were enjoying a short journey in St. Lucia, just the 2 of us!
Today, 5 years later, we are here enjoying a wonderful anniversary meal.
Today, 5 years later, we have this little one playing under the table while we dine on Kebabs!
Today, 5 years later, I reply...
"Josh-Pruitt Mayfield, I love you so much! The Lord has placed us together for His glory. It's amazing to see where we've gone in 5 years in every way and how we still compliment each other in every way! I love serving with you, sharing with you, raising Sawyer with you, watching tv/movies with you, learning with you, and just loving you!!! You were my hero then, you are my hero now, and, my hero, you always will be!"

And just for laughs....here are 2 of the 3 cakes the Plaza Hotel gifted us on our anniversary!
"Josh-Pruitt Mayfield, I love you so much! The Lord has placed us together for His glory. It's amazing to see where we've gone in 5 years in every way and how we still compliment each other in every way! I love serving with you, sharing with you, raising Sawyer with you, watching tv/movies with you, learning with you, and just loving you!!! You were my hero then, you are my hero now, and, my hero, you always will be!"




2 comments:
What a precious read! I am so thankful that the Lord brought you together! I love you both!
I loved reading about your anniversary. Thanking the Lord that He brought you two together. I love you both!
Post a Comment