Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Arjungmarg with Jay

Last week, my precious friend Jay* and I hired a taxi, went to the export market, and enjoyed yummy bagel sandwiches for lunch.  I had never been to that market (actually had one other time without knowing the treasures around me) and Jay* wanted to take me to get all the great deals for Sawyer and ideas for future baby #2. 

We had such a wonderful time!  She insisted on carrying all my bags so that I didn't overdue it and bought Sawyer a shirt that she just HAD to see him in while buying the same for her son.  But my favorite part during our excursions was lunch.  Now don't get me wrong, the Ham and Gouda Cheese bagel sandwich was wonderful!  But it was our conversations that were the highlight.  I learned so much more about her: loves chicken and fish, love marriage, bachelors in Japanese, masters in Population Change;...and much more!!  We had a sweet time of blessing the meal before which then led to more deep conversations.  One of which was her telling me how much she really wanted to start reading.  I was delighted and knew this was the next, perfect step down our path together as friends.

And just when I thought things couldn't get any better?  We stopped at a grocery store before heading home where I spotted a small bag of $8 cinnamon jolly ranchers!  NEVER BEFORE folks!!  His hand was definitely on this day for sure!   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!