Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

WBB Card Party

We had our second WBB party.  This time we all met at our place.  I talked for just a minute about the importance of thinking of others and encouraging them through hand-made cards.  Using a fun card kit that a very special friend, Nancy, gave me, the ladies and I enjoyed designing cards for others, eating banana bread and Indian namkeens.  It was also fun to not have one lady turn down my cinnamon coffee (Indian coffee with a tad bit of cinnamon added for better flavor).  They loved it!

The party was from 11-12.  Several ladies were not able to attend due to illnesses and kid's exams, but with a smaller turn out of just 5, it opened opportunity for more personal discussions.  I also felt much more relaxed to sit and be a part of everything rather than the social butterfly, fluttering from one clique of women to another.

I loved seeing the ladies leave with anywhere from 3-8 cards in hand that they personally designed and were ready to give to others.  Nimisha and Lali stayed well after 12 to continue working.  LOVED IT!  lali of course went above and beyond with her creative talents!  Nimisha made one for Sawyer which he kept in his hand for a long time afterwards.  And if I hadn't thought the party a success then, it was even more of a blessing when I received a few messages from ladies who had not been able to attend.  They missed it so much and were ready to come next time!  Perhaps Shibhu, a friend that just LOVES crafts and just finished an art project, will be ready to teach all of us how to paint next time?     

No comments: