Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Can I Take Your Baby?

After 4 months of working hard and keeping a pretty busy schedule, we decided it was finally time to take a trip to Ambi to get our hair cut.  Late morning on a Monday is the perfect time as the mall was dead and we didn't have to fight for a place to walk.  While eating lunch at McDonalds (Sawyer doesn't seem to have a problem scarfing down those chicken nuggets...imagine that?), a group of 6 teenagers sat down near us and began admiring Sawyer, but didn't say anything to us.  They began taking pictures of each other and that's when I knew, the moment was coming.....any second now......and just as the thought became a spoken sentence to JP regarding them wanting a picture with Sawyer, one of the girls approached.

Girl aka Stranger:  "Ma'am, could I take your baby for a moment to get a picture with him?"
Protective Mommy aka ME: "I'm sorry, but no.  I don't know you so I would rather not."
Girl aka Stranger:  Shows a face that looked absolutely shocked as if I were from another planet speaking another language that was totally foreign to any human ear, she replied, "WHY?"
Protective Mommy aka ME: "Sorry, but no."
Girl aka Stranger: "Oh, okay then, no problem."

And what protective Mommy aka ME wanted to say: "OH HONEY!!!!  Don't you know what kind of world we live in today? I don't just let anybody take my baby nor do I let strangers take photos of my child.  NO, you may not take my baby!!!"

But hey, I'm just glad she asked for permission to take my baby rather than just taking him as some have been known to do with some of our other friends' babies.

No comments: