Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

364

This Christmas has differed much from our last 2 in India.  I thought I would be able to pull off our usual Christmas festivities to share Christ with our friends and neighbors like we have in the past, but taking care of a walking one year old and being 7 1/2 months pregnant has left me exhausted this season.  We decided we would just take a step back this year.  It's been hard for me to accept this (even though a burden has been lifted) especially since He has always given me such a desire to take every opportunity to love and share with those He has placed in our path.  I will be making 13 phone calls on Christmas to my closest friends, but still part of me aches to not do more.  But just as was claimed about Him many years before His birth, I call Him...

Wonderful Counselor!  While cooking in the kitchen and silently speaking to Him regarding my torn heart, He spoke in a kind, wonderful way!  "Alicia, it is important to take the holiday of Christmas, my birth, and use that as a way to share with others.  Thank you for wanting to do that.  But my dear, I am more interested in what you do with your friendships and my Truth on the 364 other days of the year!  Everyone wants to do something special for outreach on this one day.  My daughter, the fact that you have 13 friendships that you pursue pleases me!  Enjoy Christmas with your family, call your friends, and then just BE the rest of the year as I have called you to BE!"

Mighty God!  And just to fulfill that Word to me as if blessing me with the gift of giving, he acted in a mighty way.  A friend called me the next day quite upset regarding a family issue.  She came over for a few minutes, and with Sawyer sweetly sitting on my lap, He gave me the Words to share including my story, reminding her of the POWER found in HIM, and then the three of us prayed together.   I was able to share with her mother-in-law as well.  The next day, she called back with news that the family issue had been resolved!

Prince of Peace!  My friend, her family, and I were filled with peace!  They, for their family issue.  Me, for the mended heart within!

Everlasting Father! His love is everlasting!  Everlasting!  Not just on Christmas when our emotions are on high because of snow, lights, and carols.  I choose HIM!  I choose to devote my life to sharing about the Most High Father all the days to come!  Not just the ONE day!  But the 364 others as well!

Happy Christmas Eve!!   

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thank you for this Alicia. I miss you my friend. Give big Christmas hugs to yourself, Sawyer and JP. I love you all!! Merry Christmas.