We took a trip to Delhi yesterday to buy Christmas gifts for our neighbors and friends! And of course, we just had to go to our favorite store in all of India! I have known Uncle Ji for 7 years. I first met him as a single lady on culture exchange in India. And even after I left, he still inquired about me to another friend when she came to visit. There is such joy to go in and visit him now, 7 years later, with my husband, son, and second son on the way!
I ask that you pray for him. He fell 2 weeks ago and broke his shoulder. Pray he recovers quickly. I have shared in small ways over the years with him, but it's comes with great difficult barriers: age, gender, culture, and the thief-always snatching what seed is dropped. This family is precious to me, but then no where near as precious as they are to our Lord Jesus. I find myself aching to say more, do more, pray more! I want to reach the strong man who use to stand behind the counter, but who now sits weakly in a chair unable to stand as the years continue to pass by. Pray for him. Pray for me. I yearn to see him know and understand that "he is precious in His sight!"
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment