
The metro has now been operable for several months. And with it comes many luxuries for women. Only women. While taking a quick 25 minute ride (shorter than a normal 1 hour car ride) to one of our favorite shopping markets, our women's team got to experience WOMEN ONLY the whole way. The train has 2 compartments designated for only women (and their children) as well as women only auto rickshaws to travel around the city. Perfect and PINK! I am seriously LOVING all the ways India is beginning to ensure "safety" for women in travel!
2 comments:
Loved the Metro this time! Thinking that my fourth trip to India I should complete something new...I've not done a rickshaw yet...might have to try it :). Also, you really can't be completely thankful for the women's car until you post the picture of JP standing in the Men's area with the stroller...YIKES! Definitely a "aren't you glad you use Dial" moment! Hugs!
So I'm thinking on my fourth trip to India, I need to get into a rickshaw...haven't done that yet ;)! Also, you can't really appreciate the women's car on the Metro until you post the picture of JP standing in the men's area with the stroller...definitely a "aren't you glad you use Dial" moment! YIKES! Hugs, friend.
Post a Comment