Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

First Morning at Home


Today was our first morning in the flat. Looking out the window, the view of the city is not the most beautiful nor clear; however, His promises this first morning in our home made everything lovely. I was reading in the Bible in Hosea 6:3. Those of Israel, who will choose to return back to the Lord and seek Him will then say "Then we will know, if we follow on to know the Lord: His going forth is prepared as the morning; and He will come to us as the rain..."
I love when the Lord paints promises using nature. As I woke up this morning, I knew the sun would rise in the East. It always does and has a purpose each day. As we choose to carry on and know the Lord, He goes before us just as prepared as the morning comes. And yet, HE is the creator of the morning, His power is great and cannot be equated to a small star such as the sun. Lord, go before us and prepare the way in all that we do today. Just as the morning comes, we know that you are faithful!
And in just the same way, He will rain down on us. What good is rain? Gurgaon doesn't seem as covered with vegetation as what I am used to in the States and it hasn't rained in 3 weeks. It's so dry and the land just isn't beautiful with green growth. The plants need rain just as we need the Lord. When God rains down on us, He pours out blessings, replenishes our thirsty hearts, and makes us grow into beautiful, fruitful creations. Lord rain down on us and make us beautiful for you!
These are the promises He gave us this morning-our first morning in our new home!

1 comment:

shauna said...

You have been in our thoughts to our Father yesterday and today. Let us know how the bank and car situation turns out. He is in control most definitely!