In the last week, I have heard and read many perspectives regarding the outcome of the election. Some people are still in a state of shock, some angry, others are excited to tears, some relieved, and others look for hope in a time that seems hopeless. If you will allow me, I would like to share my thoughts now.Our nation spoke and chose Senator Obama to be the 44th President of the United States of America. Regardless of how you feel about this, the fact is, the Most High God also chose Senator Obama for this time (see Daniel 4:17). The role of President is no easy job plus having to take on an economy that is suffering makes the task even more difficult. With that duty comes specific and difficult obligations that I cannot even fathom. For this reason, regardless of who is in office, he or she needs our prayers. I will continue to pray for President Bush until his term ends. I will pray for President Elect Obama and his family. I will pray for our nation that I call home. I will pray for our people that I love so dearly. I will pray that the actions, reactions, and decisions our country makes will be pleasing to the Lord and bring Him glory.
If you're willing to join me in this commitment to pray, please respond and let me know. I always love to hear your thoughts.
1 comment:
Hey guys... I will definitely be praying during this challenging time. Praying for Bush, Obama, and everyone else. Our nation is so divided right now. People need to realize that what is done is done. Now is the time to support our new President-Elect and ask him to do his best. I hope all is well on your side of the world...
-Beth Billings
Post a Comment