Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Grandpa Ed..Just a Pilgrim Passing Through

My mother called this week to inform me that my Grandpa Ed had passed away. He had suffered a heart attack in his sleep. So many emotions run through at times like this, but Josh-Pruitt clearly reminded me of a beautiful truth found in scripture.."Alicia, that's why Paul says we are only pilgrims passing through and this world is not our home". Although it pains me to think of my precious Grandma Bea living alone, missing her dearest husband, and for many of us left who will not get to share times with him on this earth, my heart rejoices that my Grandpa is now with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He was only a pilgrim living on this Earth for a short time and now he has left to be with his Creator and Savior. There is no greater thought than this! But I would like to take this time to share with you just a little bit of who he was and what he meant to me! Grandpa Ed..I love you and will miss you!

Edward Boyd...only grandfather I have ever known....sailor on a PT boat in WW 2...owner of a pet monkey somewhere in the waters of the Pacific...man who always said "OH WOW" when you shared something with him...jolly Santa Clause to hundreds of children at malls...not always successful at walking through the mud with dogs...protector and provider for my dearest Grandma Bea...cherished "outlaw" along with my Mother...purchaser of my favorite purple jellies...die hard fan of football...father/stepfather to 2 sets of twins and my Dad(bless his soul)...follower of Christ!

The funeral is being held today. Please pray for my family during this time, specifically my Grandma Bea. Pray for her to be comforted in truth and to make wise decisions in the future as to where she should live. Pray for my Dad, Mom and brother Jonathan as they travel to and from Rock Island, IL this week.

3 comments:

Preston,Courtney, Callie, Addison and Finn said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time. I am sure your grandpa was so proud of you! I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you during this time of sadness. Love you!

Erin said...

Praying for you too my friend!