This morning we had our 23rd week doctor's appointment. Dr. Preety is usually very mellow, kind, and not much of a smiler. But today, as we walked in, she was all smiles. She told us that she had heard from another patient that I was the star student at antenatal classes and wanted to know if that was true. My mouth dropped open and then we both started laughing. I could tell that she was proud!
However, I need to update you on our last antenatal class. This past Saturday we had our second class. We were doing breathing exercises for relaxation. One exercise was to block one nostril, breathe through the other, hold both nostrils shut for 5 secs, then let out the air in the opposite nostril. This was to be repeated with the opposite nostril for one full cycle and to be repeated 15 more times. I guess I wasn't breathing right or something because she kept picking on me, telling me to do it, and asking me if I was even breathing. I will admit that at times I found it difficult as I am suffering from a cold at the moment. But I was doing the exercises. At one point I stopped because everyone else had and then she asked me why I had stopped? I told her that everyone else had. She denied this, I looked at everyone and they immediately started up again. I looked away in disgust. Then we laid down and did another exercise. This time we were to chant/pray outloud four times the mantra "Om". I will not do that as I know what it means in the Hindu religion/yoga so I decided to speak the name of Jesus and then pray outloud. After that, the teacher wouldn't look at me. I guess I went from Teacher's Pet to Problem Child!
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I could have told them you were a problem child from the beginning. hee hee
You go girl, keep praising His name!
Post a Comment