Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Do You Know Hannah Montana?

Today I attended the parent/student orientation at Lancers IB School. I must say that I am beginning to feel a part of the family already. While I was making my rounds talking to parents and students, a first grade little boy asked me a very serious question. After finding out I was from AMERICA, he looked at me with big, excited eyes and asked, "Do you know Hannah Montana?" I couldn't help but laugh. I guess being American would totally make me know all the famous kid film stars! I told him no and was saddened by the look on his face. I went from someone special to a bearer of disappointment. I tried to explain to him that just as he wouldn't know a famous Bollywood star like Shah Ruk Khan, I wouldn't know Hannah Montana. However, it didn't seem to work. I will say that later, when our paths crossed again, I got smile from him. I only hope that in the future I can win this child's heart even if I DON'T know Hannah Montana!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh. You DON'T know Hannah? That IS disappointing.... ;)