Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Turning 29 on Easter Sunday!


Every so often, my birthday falls on Easter. The last time it happened was my senior year of high school in 1998. It is always such a special honor to celebrate my birthday on the year it falls on Easter. Something about the idea of celebrating my birthday on the same day as celebrating Jesus rising again so I could have a NEW birthday in the Spirit just fills my heart with joy! We had hoped to have a few friends over for a small party, have a small Easter Egg Hunt with the kids, and share the story of Easter. However, India acknowledges Good Friday as a national holiday which meant all of our friends had a three day weekend. They left the city to see family. But it was okay as we knew the Lord made time for us and one other friend.

JP refused to let me in the kitchen all day on Sunday. He made pancakes for breakfast and made a two layer chocolate cake for dessert after dinner. Didn't he do an AWESOME job? We went out for lunch at a coffee shop, went to a bookstore, and then headed home for dinner. JP then made me Chicken Cajun Pasta.

One of the neatest surprises was when my friend P* showed up to give me a gift that evening. I wasn't expecting it! We had just had a great time the night before. If you remember Butterfly Moments, she made sure the card would always be remembered! And I have to say, it was definitely a birthday weekend I will never forget: Easter, 29, loving husband, sharing truth with a new friend, and 5 months pregnant!

No comments: