Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Whispers of Truth: And yet

Let me tell you an old tale.  One, dating back as far as the foundations of the Earth, of a woman who walked with God, she talked with Him, He answered back, she had access to all that He created, and, more than any other woman on Earth, shared a deep, intimate relationship with her Maker.  And yet.

And yet, she heard a whisper.  A soft, rustle in her ear that fed into her heart.  "You don't measure up.  You're not good enough.  You've been told you are complete, but if you just had this, things would be better.  You know better.  Why trust when you can choose?  When you get this, you will be happier than you ever dreamed!"  The whisper was one of deceit, lies, and destruction.  It was not her heavenly Maker's voice.  And yet?  She listened.

If Eve fell for the whispers filled with hate, I can too.  And have for the last 3 months.  Within our hardship, I kept hearing a whisper.  "You're not good enough.  You can't do it.  If you were just in America , things would be better.  When everything in your house is finally fixed, you will be complete.  When you get to see your family again, you will be much happier." 

Whisper of Truth
The enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy.  The whisper will do so by using distractions that lead to discouragement that creates doubt and leaves you feeling defeated.  I experienced all of them.  When we listen to the lie we are deceived as Eve was the moment she chose the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  It doesn't take much for deception to take place when we choose to embrace his whispers. 

Deception
The enemy whispers.
A seed of deception is planted when we listen.
The seed is watered when we continue to dwell on it.
The seed is fertilized when we begin to believe it.
It takes root in our heart the moment we act on it.
Bondage

Let's focus on one of my specifics.  "All will be better if you were just in America."  I listened to the lie, it was being watered because I continued to dwell on it when times got hard, and, honestly, it was beginning the fertilization process as I started believing that I just needed to make it through until my next trip to America and then I would "feel" better.

And yet.  HE IS FAITHFUL!!  Several weeks ago, I began reflecting on the emptiness and sadness I was feeling due to what I was sensing in my mind and heart.  I knew something wasn't right, and, therefore, began seeking Him.  His Word says that if we seek Him, we will find Him.  And He was waiting for me!  Friend, 2 months prior, He had already planned a getaway retreat for the two of us where He would speak and I would listen.  Well, cry and listen that is.  HE IS FAITHFUL!  Diagnosis complete!  Or at least as much "complete" as needed to be done on the first night of the retreat.  I was listening to the enemy's whispers rather than meditating on my Father's Truths!  Not America, nor any other place on this Earth, will make me complete or bring peace.  Only in HIM can I find that for which my heart continually longs.  And for the past week, when I hear the whispers that have been so cleverly spoken when I least expected it, I have gone to my Maker, asked for helped, He has reminded me of Truth from His Word, and I laid the thoughts down at His feet.  Hard.  Battle.  And yet?  HE IS FAITHFUL! 
 
Do you hear a whisper too?  What is the enemy lying to you about as he did in Eve's life as well as my own? 

"We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Him." -2 Corinthians 10:5

No comments: