Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Whispers of Truth: Pale Blue Eyes

My eyes are pale blue.  Have been for a long time and imagine they will be until they close for the last time and I return back to the dust from which I came.  However, it's the focus of those pale blues that doesn't always seem to stay the same.  Unfortunately, a lesson I have learned before, but now find myself kneeling before the cross about again.

Whisper of Truth:

"I lift my eyes to you the One enthroned in Heaven.  Like a servant's eyes are on His master's hands, like a servant girl's eyes on her mistress's hands, so our eyes are on the Lord our God until He shows us favor." -Psalm 123: 1-2

"I raise my eyes toward the mountains.  Where will my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." -Psalm 121: 1-2

 "When the hardship came these last 3 months Alicia, you kept looking at all your circumstances and were overwhelmed.  You took your focus off of me.  Look past the mountains where others worship idols and store their treasures.  Your help comes from me, your Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth."  Throughout the Word, men and women have been distracted by hardship, desire for riches, and the lust of the flesh/body.  When our eyes are not on Him, we are susceptible to the ensnaring of these things.  I was so focused on observing all the things going on around me, I was consumed by them.  But everyday, I am asking that HE help me keep my focus!  However, I still have a choice to make each day.  The Israelites, as they were on their pilgrimage back to the Holy City, could have chosen to look to the mountains where the pagans worshiped their idols.  But everyday, they made the conscious choice to look past the mountains, and find the help they needed.  Help from their Lord.  

Are the color of your eyes different than mine?  But is your focus the same?  Do you feel down and discouraged because of hardship or desire for "riches" or the lust of the flesh?  Don't look to the things around you, but to Him who sits on the throne!

No comments: