Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Whispers of Truth: Cinnamon Cravings

As many of you know, we have embarked on the journey of having another child.  With this pregnancy has come more nausea, a longer haul of exhaustion, and a craving for cinnamon!  I often put that wonderfully, aromatic spice in my coffee, but it's cinnamon candy I have been craving.  A commodity not often found in our city-country.  In fact, I don't think I have EVER seen anything like it.

Whisper of Truth:
In a time when thousands of Asians are having to move due to flooding from the monsoons, my craving for cinnamon doesn't seem to measure up.  But this is just how amazing our God is and how detailed He is into loving me.  During my time at the retreat, there was a table of Free Stuff.  Upon that table: a basket full of large boxes of Hot Tamales, Red Hots, and Big Red gum!  I got to take all three!!  "Alicia, I love you and I hear your every thought and know your every need.  Alicia, I love you more than you can ever know, imagine, or understand!  I can express that in ANY WAY I choose-ways not so significant like this candy."

Do you feel that there is a desire you have that doesn't seem "BIG" enough for the Lord to worry about right now?  My dear friend, please remember CINNAMON!!

He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the Earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the East is from the West, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. -Psalm 103:10-12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! You're right... the Lord meets us right where we are as individuals! I'm always amazed at His vast love for His children. Have a wonderful cinnamony day!

Blessings,
Lisa