Have you ever seen Disney's animated "Prince Egypt"? Have you ever lip sinked in the mirror to that amazing song that talks about "who knows what miracles" and "when you believe" as if you too had the amazing pipes of Houston and Carey? Great things beyond our imagination can happen like the waters parting if only we believe. But then why is that lately and every so often, I struggle with feeling "great"? My husband has often told me these last few months that I am struggling with believing the Lord will take care of us and that all will work together for us who love Him and are called according to His purpose. My response? Confusion. Appalled. Taken aback! I have followed Him for years! I love Him! He is my God! I am His child. I believe in Him!
Whisper of Truth...
We, as followers, are often great at believing IN Him.
We, as followers, are not often great at believing Him.
In the book written to the church of Ephesus, Paul wrote in the first chapter about their past belief (vs13)- in Him when you believed. And then addresses their continual belief(vs 19)-and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength.
Our foundational faith is one of believing in Jesus as the one true God that saves us-forgives us from the wrong things we do-sin. But, from then on, we are to believe Him. But tt often stops there at just surface faith, we go to church every Sunday, try to live the "good" life, and we don't read His Word let alone hide it in our hearts. I like what I read/sing/hear, it gives me comfort, but do I still believe Him and claim it 1 hour later when the storm hits? Do I claim it on the mountain top? Do I live my life claiming and truly believing what His word says and applying it to my life every moment and in every situation? Being pregnant, emotions seem to run rampant and chaotic at times. When faced with a frustrating or difficult situation that tempts me to lose my temper or, in essense, self control, do I stop and claim/apply His Word? But fruit of the of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kind, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self control. If we live by the Spirit, we must also follow the Spirit. No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful and he will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able , bu with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape, so that you are able to bear it. When I am worried and anxious about many things do I listen and obey cease striving and know that I am God. As my tummy gets larger and my reflection in the mirror seems quite altered and I feel "fat", do I claim that I am fearfully and wonderfully made?
When you read, when you sing, when you hear his small, still voice, do you BELIEVE? Does your faith begin with your surface belief in Him, but have always felt like you don't quite "get" how to read the Word and apply it and therefore don't? Do you find that you believe in Him, you do read the Word, but once the Word is closed, it stops? Does your reality match your theology? Are you only "pretending" to be Houston and Carey singing about believing? Or do you truly believe in Him and believe Him?
His incomparably great power for us who believe.....is like the working power of His mighty strength. He demonstrated this power in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at tHis right hand in the heavens.. -Ephesians 1:19-20
Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him. -Hebrews 11:6
Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said, sweet friend!
Post a Comment