Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged! For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go! -Josh 1:9

Great time with JD

JD came to visit us on Monday night and stayed for a few days. We had a wonderful time with him. It was a blessing and encouragement to be with family from Second, talk over strategies and goals, and share new experiences of life in India with him.
  • JD taught a friend how to play bowling on his IPhone. It was hilarious especially when our friend has never played the game before physically.
  • We were able to get Our Car on Wednesday and so we shared some of our first CRAZY driving experiences together. What does one do when you are in an intersection, cars are literally going in all directions, a traffic jam occurs, and you are stationary for 2 minutes with everyone else honking at each other because there is NO WAY to get out of it? Fun times for sure!
  • But the most bizarre experience entailed "chuda" or small bugs in India. Apparently this time of year, festival/fireworks season, tiny bugs come out and stay for a couple of weeks and then leave. Of course, the problem didn't even occur until the night of JD's arrival. We are still waiting on our curtains to be finished and therefore have no coverings for the windows. We left a few Lights on our first night talking with JD. When we went back into the guest bedroom, small gnat type bugs had been attracted to the lights from the windows and had found a way into the room. We had never seen so many bugs! They covered one of the walls and some of the ceiling. Therefore, JD slept on the sofa that night. We fixed the problem the following day by taping up newspaper on the windows and hanging sheets on the curtain rods. Bugs were not a problem after that. For those of you who know me well, you can imagine how disgusted I was with this. I am such a girl and was just appalled as I have a very low tolerance for any kind of bug INSIDE the home. I can't even kill spiders by myself. The Lord toughens me up over here though because I really don't know how I was able to handle it so well. Here is a pile that we swept up the next morning on the balcony. Yes, that's my foot and the bugs are only a few centimeters long. Just look at them! SICK and in my home?!!! Thankfully, these were not able to get in the guest bedroom and died a slow death on the balcony that night. Since then, we haven't seen them. Even with my previous 2 years in India, this was a first for me.
  • It was sad to drop JD off at the airport last night. However, the blessings that we were given during his stay were so wonderful and we thank the Lord for our time together. It was a beautiful reminder of how much we need family. We can't wait to see more of you out here in the future!

1 comment:

Preston,Courtney, Callie, Addison and Finn said...

Oh man!! Those bugs were crazy. It is funny how the Lord gives us the strength we need to face and kill the bugs. I have the same fears of bugs but for some reason not down here....ok I still have it for the huge bugs but I am improving on the little ones. Anyway, I am glad you had such a blessed time with JD. I am sure it was hard to say good-bye. I will be praying for you guys!!
Love you both!